Vortometric burners are built to fire light and heavy fuel oils and almost any industrial gas, including propane, butane manufactured and mixed gases, to extremely high outputs.
They feature a high combustion air swirl rate that produces a stable flame with high turndown capabilities and low levels of NOx and CO emissions.
Vortometric burners are excellent for applications such as ethanol burners, bio-gas burners, industrial dryers, dryers. Vortometric burners can replace Aecometric burner types.
Vortometric performance and operational features:
- High turndown capabilities on a wide range of fuels result from the stable flame produced by the air swirl rate.
- Clean, smoke-free combustion results from the unique “vortex generator” which vaporizes fuel oils.
- Low NOx and CO emissions.
- Rugged heavy gauge steel windbox and volute assemblies provide durability.
- Operates with low excess air for maximum efficiency or high excess air for high volume process air heating.
- Single wall alloy, air-cooled alloy, and refractory versions available.
- Standard firing arrangement is horizontal but can be fired vertically with additional gas lance support rods.
- Available as packaged units including valve trains, combustion air blowers, flame supervision and controls.